Bradford Murders – Make Sure It Never Happens Again
left to right, Susan Rushworth, 43, Suzanne Blamires, 36, and Shelley Armitage, 31
In light of the tragic murders of three women working in prostitution in Bradford we are calling on you to lobby key political figures to ensure that they adopt the best possible measures to tackle prostitution, rather than back renewed calls to further legitimise this inherently harmful industry (by example through State-brothels, an approach that has been shown to have failed across the globe).
Three Easy Steps
Simply contact any – or all – of the following key political figures with the downloadable template lobby letters below:
- Deputy Prime Minister – post
- The Deputy Prime Minister – post
- The Home Secretary – post or email
- The Equalities Minister – post or email
- Why legalising the industry does not protect women in Bradford or Ipswich here
- FAQ about prostitution here
Demand Change! Campaign
This initiative is part of the Demand Change! Campaign – a partnership between OBJECT and EAVES. Last year, Demand Change! made legal history by achieving new legislation that made it a criminal act to purchase sexual services from a pimped or trafficked woman.