We express our culture as a key part of who we are, in lots of different ways every day. It’s in what we read, how we dress, what music we like, what food we eat or which traditions we follow. Forms of cultural creativity are endless and can be used with young women in lots of exciting and diverse ways!
A random selection!
- Sharing recipes
- Creating designs and investigating the history of particular designs
- Mehendi / henna hand painting – some online resources here and here
- Creating a mandala – see templates in a book called ‘The art of creative drawing’
- Using inspirational quotes to inspire and generate discussion
- Gardening – see this report on an allotment project set up with young women
- Using a poem to inspire and as a tool to understand women’s experience – such as this one by Alice Walker:
Nothing is ever lost
It is only
If we look
We can find